Saturday, April 25, 2009

My investment portfolio - SIP is the strategy

For those of you who are wondering what my portfolio of mutual funds is, here is a sneak peak of my mutual fund investment portfolio. The entire portfolio is portrayed in various ways, percentage of allocation, type of funds, Style of investing, sector allocation etc. Before jumping into the details, below are my investment objectives and other details:

1. To create a sizeable corpus for retirement.
2. My current age is less than 30 years.
3. I am a long term investor, with an investment horizon of 10 years or more.


Choice of Funds:
1. HDFC Equity - Growth (Equity Diversified)

2. Kotak 30 - Growth (Equity Diversified)

3. ICICI Prudential Infrastructure - Growth (Equity Diversified)

4. Reliance Growth (Equity Diversified)

5. Birla Sun Life Dynamic Bond Retail - (Debt Fund)

Remember HDFC Equity and Kotak 30 are my core holdings. Other funds like Reliance Growth and ICICI Pru Infrastructure of funds that support my core holdings.






Please let me know if my choice is good. The screenshots of my investments are from an online portfolio manager.


Important: I have been investing through SIPs in all the mutual funds. Below are the key points behind my investments.





1. SIP strategy just works. As on this day, my portfolio has positive returns. This has been possible only through SIPs.

2. I have invested more during market lows. Do not shy away from investing when market is down.

3. I hope my choice of funds is good. Stick to funds with good performance track record.

4. Do not forget the debt component in the portfolio. This is very important. However, the percentage of allocation to equity and debt depends on your risk appetite.

5. Rebalance your portfolio once a year.

No comments: